It's that time to come alive again!
Spring is one of my favorite times to road trip in the Northwest. Everything is green again, the flowers are blooming and you feel like a new person because you know that consecutive days of sunshine and good times are just around the corner.
So, pack your bags and take a trip to one of these great towns:
1. Bend, OR: Bend is one of my favorite spots because it is warmer weather and sunshine in the spring, but you still get to see the snow covered mountains in the background. This is a perfect spot for some hiking, biking and great food.
2. Bellingham, WA: You will not be disappointed with Bellingham in the spring. It's as colorful and beautiful as ever. Breaks of sunshine combined with mild temps make this an ideal getaway this time of year. Live music, whale watching, biking, or island hopping- Bellingham pretty much has it all.
3. Ashland, OR: I always love a trip to Ashland. The laid back town is full of arts, music and great food. If you are looking for a quaint town with a great community feel, this is your place. And If you can, take the long way to Ashland (coming from the North) and see Crater Lake on your way down. It's well worth the added miles!
4. Diablo Lake, WA: If you are looking for a great day trip from Seattle or to go somewhere and camp, the turquoise waters of Diablo Lake is a must. If you are like me and like cooler temps when hiking, catching this on a sunny day in the spring is the way to go. If you are also into fishing, May is a great time to head there.
5. Boise, ID: Mild temps and beautiful blooms this time of year make Boise a great spot to visit. Boise is a great spot for a small city feel. Anything from stand up paddle boarding to hiking and biking, this city really has it all.
6. Cannon Beach, OR: I feel like this just a go-to anytime we head to the coast, but it's for good reason! This charming town is a great place to visit in the spring when you aren't dealing with the summer crowds. For a small town, there is no shortage of stuff to do. Hike Ecola State Park, stroll the shops, and take a nice drive up and down the coast... enjoy all the beauty of the Oregon Coast.