Some of you might remember a while back when I posted about my experience going "more natural" with my beauty products. Well, I am still doing my best to keep this up, and I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite winter products. I don't know about where you are, but Portland has been frigid this year! I'm sure sound like a total wimp because I know it isn't as bad as other parts of the country, but I'm just not used to it! And my skin just flat out hates it. The winter months leave my skin feeling extra dry and really dull. So, I've had to step up my moisturizing products a bit, which I am sharing with you below. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without these products! They've been a total skin saver.
1. St. Tropez Self Tanning Mousse- I know this isn't completely natural, but it is one of the "better" self-tanners out there. I would literally be a ghost in the winter if I didn't have this stuff!
2. Epicuren Hydro Plus Moisturizer- This face moisturizer is extra thick and hydrating, without that buildup/heavy feel. I feel like it is a big glass of water for my face every time I slather it on. I don't know what I would do without this!
3. Now Eucalyptus Oil- Ok, this isn't a skincare product, but this is winter must due to it's anti-bacterial properties! I like to put this in a diffusor and have it going throughout the house during the months when everyone is getting sick.
4. Fresh Sugar Face Polish- This is a gentle exfoliator that is also extra moisturizing. I like to use this 2-3x a week during the winter to give my skin some extra love. : )
5. Cosmedix Cell ID- Okay, I'm not going to lie. This stuff is PRICEY. But after working at a spa for over six years, I learned that your biggest splurge should be your treatment/serum, since it is the most targeted product you buy. And this stuff helps keep your skin youthful, which is my goal. My favorite Esthetician and Spa Owner, Ginny at Blooming Moon Spa also admits that while facials are great to do more often than not, what really matters is your daily routine, so make it a good one! I highly suggest asking a professional about a good routine and then stick to it!
Happy skin-caring everyone!