Jetting up to Seattle for a quick overnighter is one of my favorite dates. I actually find Seattle to be super romantic! Maybe because I associate it with cozy weather and good food (aka- my romance recipe), but it really does set up a great a date vibe.
Since I'm not much of a big city person (and neither is Tyson), rather than staying right downtown, we prefer to stay on the outskirts, specifically in Ballard! It just such a cute area.
Here is my go-to itinerary for a quick stay in Seattle:
1. Stay at Hotel Ballard: Hands down, my favorite hotel up there. It is smaller, quaint and on one of my favorite streets. It's the perfect "date night" spot, in my opinion. Not to mention, by staying there you have access to the best gym: the Olympic Athletic Club. I'm not a stickler about going to the gym on vacation, but when you see this place, you will want to workout! Trust me.
2. Discovery Park: Spend a morning taking in the beautiful views hiking around the park. Give yourself at least a few hours to explore and enjoy.
3. Pikes Place Market: We like to head here on our way back to Portland, just in case we decide to pick up any seafood and flowers, which normally always happens.
4. Seafood Dinner: Grab a great seafood dinner at either Ray's Boathouse (all about the view) or Rockcreek Seafood and Spirits (more of a Seattle-living feel).
5. Drink Coffee Like a Local: Seattle takes their coffee seriously, that's for sure. Head on over to La Marzocco, Victrola or Slate Coffee.
6. Shop: Spend some time walking around Ballard, Downtown, Belltown or Capitol Hill. We love supporting the local-made shopping in Seattle.
7. Grab Lunch: I personally love downtown for lunch. I recommend either the cozy and cute, London Plane or grabbing some clam chowder at Pikes Place Market.