Well, it's no secret that Portland is just about the best town there is when it comes to food. We pretty much have anything and everything here. Which also means a lot of healthy options, but also a lot of not so healthy ones.
Below, I've put together a list of my favorite healthy places to eat in Portland. And I give major props to this city for gluten-free and vegan options just about anywhere (even bars!).
Best Healthy Breakfast Spots
1. Prasad (Vegan/Gluten-Free Options): Now with two locations, this place is SO good. The Classic Oatmeal or Chili Scramble is a must-try!
2. Kure (Vegan/Gluten-Free Options): This place is another great option at any point during the day. Their juices and smoothies are SO tasty and packed with nutrients. My personal favorite is the Lush Life smoothie. I've also heard rave reviews about the Hangover Helper smoothie and that it will help you feel like a different person. I wouldn't know, I've just heard about it... ; )
3. Bob's Red Mill (Vegan/Gluten-Free Options): Yes, this is at the HQ where they make all of the awesome Bob's Red Mill products. I personally love the museli and yogurt, but there are loads of options and the food is extremely affordable.
4. Radio Room (Vegan/Gluten-Free Options): Back in my single days, this spot was my favorite place to go on the weekend after a night out. They have a lot of options for carnivores and herbivores, as well as great gluten-free options. My go-to? The Classic Rocker Scramble and the pint Mimosa with blood orange (yes... I repeat... pint!). YUM.
5. Fern Kitchen (Vegan/Gluten-Free Options): Tons of healthy, tasty options and they use all local and organic produce. I love the "Eggs Your Way" with tempeh and New Cascadia toast.